Monday, July 18, 2016

Carpets

I have dogs.....one of them is a jerk.


If Miss Princess isn't let out as soon as she has told us, she decides to pee on the floor. (Damn brat)

I had stains on my carpet, and when the humidity hit my house smelled awful.

So, the day I had the chance to clean the carpet because it was cold out (68*) I took it.
I searched the internet for a DIY recipe since the store bought stuff wasn't cutting it in the past...and the store formulas are expensive.

I came across this: and decided to give it a try.

-I did add some Downy, in hopes to have a better smelling carpet.

This.Works! No joke. Stains that were in the carpet from years ago. Gone. The carpet looks as good as new!

Not only did the stains come out, my carpet smells so good AND the Downy made it super soft to walk on!!

I wish I had before and after photos!!!!

I will definitely be using this solution forever! Super cheap and easy to mix.

But what have I been doing to keep my house smelling great?

DIY carpet freshener.....duh.

I've recently started dabbling into the world of Essential Oils, and found this mix for carpets.

Again, super easy to make and CHEAP!!! I used an old parmesan cheese container instead of a mason jar, and used this Essential Oil. The lemon scent made my whole house smell so super clean (even if the rest of the house looked like a disaster).

The site said to leave the baking soda/EO mix on your carpet for 2 hours....a bit hard with 2 dogs and a 4.5 year old. I feel like 15 minutes was just fine enough.

So, here you go. 2 every day products you can make yourself, that can do a better job than the products you buy at the store!

And cheap!


Happy cleaning!

-e

No comments:

Post a Comment