Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The start

Today, I am 30.

A new day. A new year. A new decade.

The last 10 years have flown by yet so much has happened.

Made new friends. Turned 21. Played softball. Met a boy. Got a new car. Moved out of my mom's. Bought a house. Got a dog. Got married. Got a new car. Got my billing and coding certificate. Got a dog. Got Pregnant. Had a baby.

That's a lot.

But yesterday, when I was still 29, I was feeling sad, anxious....unaccomplished.

I felt like 30 was the end of days for me. I couldn't do what I've become accustomed to. I can't shop in the juniors section anymore. I can't wear platform heels. I can't drink beer, and I can't eat cake when I want. I have to be responsible. I mean, I'm a mom now, so I can't have fun anymore. There was so much I should have done in the last 10 years and now it's too late.

Life.Is.Over.

Or is it?

I woke up at 5:30am today. Seriously? I can't get out of bed at 5:30am any other day, why am I up this early on my day off? *SIGH*

I checked my phone (my crackberry (blackberry) that is seriously on it's last leg...like a crack head that's been in the game for a minute...)and already had numerous FB birthday wishes...which made me feel good about the day.

I tried to go back to bed, but decided to get up and have a cup of coffee in silence.

It was glorious.

I only got about half way through when C woke up. I got him out of bed and he gave me a hug...a birthday hug? We'll call it that. We snuggled for a bit

and I got him a bottle, then let him play on the floor until he jacked his mouth on a toy which his mouth started to bleed because of course he hit right where he is getting a new tooth, so B got up helped me clean up C and then they both went back to bed for an hour or so...blah, blah, blah....



Now were eating pancakes, for the first time ever. :)

See this blog totally IS ramblings!!!!

Anyway....

This is where I'm going to tell that I want to have theme days. You know, structure.
Mama Mondays, Does it work Tuesday, Weight-loss Wednesdays, Thankful Thursdays, Fun Fridays, Random Saturdays, and Photo Sundays.

Now I can't guarantee I'll post every day. I can't guarantee I'll post every week. But I'll post.

And it's Tuesday.

Does it work? NO....ha ha ha...

I'm not going to do one today but for future Tuesdays, I'm going to try something I find on Pinterest, or a product of some sort and write a post about it.

I hope you all will enjoy my blog.

Laterz....(can I say that now that I'm 30? Wutevs.)

-E







2 comments:

  1. Wear your platforms proud and enjoy your beer and cake mama. You are 30, not 85. And when you are 85, if you want to shop in the juniors section, go right ahead because you will still be cool enough to pull it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Kirby! I just would steer clear of the platforms at 85 because we can't have you falling and breaking your hip and not being able to make it to a GTG.

    ReplyDelete