Monday, December 10, 2012

Thankful

C crawled last night.

It's been a hell of almost 14 months. He's behind...obviously...but we knew that.

He's been doing one little crawl here and there before spreading out and army crawling. Last night I caught him on video crawling in the kitchen, a few more crawls before transitioning into army crawling again.

I made him crawl to his room last night. Our hallway is about 15ft long and I got him to crawl after a ball.
He crawled the entire hallway.

And I cried.
Because of the hard, long, uphill, in the snow both ways road we took to get to this point. Because I wad so proud of him for finally accomplishing this goal. Because I'm so thankful that we will start to move on to new adventures.
Because we just showed Spina Bifida who is boss.

I've been a bipolar rollercoaster of emotions the last 24 hours, partly because of this, the rest due to other things going on in my life. So when I got home today, I was spent. Done. If I wasn't a mom, I would have Nyquil-ed it up and went to bed.

Except, there was a card in the mail. With a gift card in it. Just for me. From a secret Santa.
I can't share it with anyone at home. It's to a salon. Now a days, I receive a gift card, I spend it on C and B, instead of myself.
As selfish as this may sound, I a bit glad that I can't use it on them.

I plan to get a couple of mani's with it. Something that I haven't been able to get in a very long time.
To whoever you are who sent that to me: thank you. You can't even imagine how much this means to me.

<3
-e

No comments:

Post a Comment